Sunday 22 January 2023

Moving forward one step at a time

Toddler quilt ready for gifting

 Whether large steps or baby steps, you will get there just keeping taking those steps! This week I pulled a finished top out of the drawer, sandwiched it, pinned it and did some machine quilting on it. It needed more quilting but I wanted to do some hand quilting. So that got finished and the binding was added and sewn down yesterday

I quilted and finished quilt of valor

I had a top here from our Quilt of Valor group. I had planned to quilt the top over the holidays but that didn't happen. We had a sew day at guild this week for quilts of valor, so instead of sewing I thread basted the quilt at guild and came home that night and did some meandering on it. The binding was added the next day and binding completed yesterday along with the other quilt I finished.

So what to do next, keep  moving forward....our block of the month from guild. I had fallen behind over the holidays so it was time for catching up. I cut out all the pieces I need and plan to sew them together today. I didn't really like the block for December so I will wait till the end and maybe see if I need it or maybe remake one of the blocks I already made to replace it. The quilt pattern is a bit on the modern side so I am having a little trouble with the making of the blocks. It is sort of free form with not much direction. I am more of a traditional quilter, with directions and instructions needed/wanted!

triangle cutoffs

This week while the sewing day was going on at guild, they were making blocks that required snowballing two corners and trimming. I came home with some of the trimmed off corners in a baggie...stay tuned to see what becomes of those!




2 of the blocks of the month


And today is sunday, so it is time to join my friend Kathy for some slow stitching time. Relax with a beevie and put needle and thread to work. I will be working on this one applique block of circles. That should keep me busy today!

Enjoy your week and keep taking those steps forward!



3 comments:

  1. I have lots of ufo tops that just need to be quilted and bound. I just need to buckle down and do them! You got a lot done this week! Gail at the Cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to get on the quilting and finishing path, too! It always feels good to get a finish. Your toddler quilt is sweet - I like the added hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your advice and so true . It is amazing how just working on a project for a few minutes a day will eventually move it along. I hope to do more quilting this year too. What a lovely baby quilt that you finished and a gorgeous Quilt of Valor as well. Looking forward to seeing your progress on the circle quilt. It will be spectacular.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...