Sunday 1 January 2023

Happy New Year 2023

Memory quilts are received
 Belated Merry Christmas and wishes for the new year ahead. I spent Christmas with my daughter. With just the two of us and snowbound, it was pretty quiet with lots of board games getting played. She was usually the winner with mom winning only at card games! Now that the season has passed I can share pics of the memory quilts I was working on. I was told that the recipients loved them. I also made a couple things for my daughter that were given in memory of her dad and she loved them too. My heart is full when my gifts which are made and given with so much love, are also loved  by the receivers!

large bonfire
Last night after a fireworks show, I was joined by some family and we had a large bonfire. It was a wonderful night to be outside enjoying each others company and just chatting! Today I am relaxing and just enjoying some time in my sewing room. I have been hand quilting and listening to audio books. The hours seem to just disappear while I do that! I am also getting caught up on laundry!!

After getting home last week, unpacking everything and putting Christmas away for another year, I checked in with Kathy. I wanted to catch up and see what she has been doing. Another new project....girl I don't know how you do it!?!? Age old saying if you can't beat them ...join in!! I have a few new one in queue and will be getting started this week. More to come on that later! Slow stitching with Kathy today for me will be more hand quilting while I am in the mood. I falter and slow while doing a quilt and so while I am still enjoying the process I will put in the time! What are you all up to today? and what does this new year hold in store for you?

Have a great week!


3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a delightful New Year's celebration. I hope you had a very productive day quilting. Happy New Years

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Those quilts are gorgeous! I am glad they were appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Let me introduce myself....

 It would seem that maybe I should re-introduce myself as I have been away from blogland for way too long. I have heard from some of my read...