Sunday 28 March 2021

Springtime....new beginnings

creek is open and roaring
As the rain continues to fall and the snow is disappearing, you start to see the start of new life. Seems almost poetic that this is happening now in my life too. A new way of life, learning I can do more than I thought and relying on others when I do need help. Things are coming to life under what's left of the winter. I have daffodils poking up in the flowerbed and seedlings are growing under lamps in the house. This week I saw my first robin, that's a sure sign that Spring is here.

Even in our little town, there has been three buildings demolished. Sounds opposite to what I have been saying but this is cleaning and beautifying our town. They were old buildings way past usefulness and needed to be cleaned up. Paving the way for new opportunities and new buildings to be built.

My friend Bernadette came for an afternoon visit yesterday. We mostly talked but did get a little stitching done...well she did. I was trying to cut out pieces for a quilt and realized I had cut wrong. Now I just hope I have enough fabric to finish the quilt. It is the first day that I have managed to sew on the machine. My mind and heart haven't been there but I have to start somewhere. I will try again today and will work on the blocks for the quilt along with Carla. I am way behind but I am making my quilt smaller so I might be able to catch up quickly.

pieces cut and ready to sew
Although sewing isn't high on my to-do list, I still keep up with blogs and facebook quilt groups. I am hoping that they inspire me to get going. I especially love reading what my friend Kathy is up to. We have missed getting together for our Piranha weekend. I am so hoping we will be able to do it this summer.

Kathy has slow stitching Sunday
going on and encouraging everyone to settle in with needle and thread and stitch the day away. She has quite the following and I love reading what everyone is up to.

I would like to thank everyone for their kind words of comfort and encouragement. It means a lot to know others are thinking of me and it helps me to keep going.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely thinking of you all the time and thinking ahead to warm days of stitching in the sun while your broken heart heals. So glad to hear you are working on some quilting projects and the pretty colours will cheer you up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it will come -may God be with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your desire to sew will come. It's lovely to read that you had a lovely afternoon with your friend, Bernadette. Take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilting will come as all things take time. Don’t fuss about catching up
    As you see faster then most when the feeling hits you. My quilt along is not a race
    And will be there when your ready. I am ready for spring and looking forward to
    Outdoor visits again. Looks like I may need a proofer for my cruise quilts so let me know
    In a month or so if you may be up for the math task.
    Sending hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there Deanna ..... you are a strong woman and life will slowly but surely come together again, although never the same.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...