Sunday 18 April 2021

Learning my way.

Spring quilt along
 Teaching this old dog new tricks is not easy but mostly it's exhausting. Friday was the first time I have sewn in almost 2 months. The project has been sitting on my cutting table just waiting for the day that my heart was ready to get back sewing. Sewing and music go hand in hand for me...but having music on was just too sad. So yesterday some friends and I zoomed(yet another new thing to learn). We met in the morning to see what everyone was doing and introduce ourselves. We visited again at lunchtime and then at suppertime. It was nice to talk to like minded people who are finding Covid as challenging and frustrating as I do!!

blocks ready for more sewing

   So I have worked on Quilting by the River's Spring quilt along. Then in the afternoon, I took out a scrap project that I had been working on in December. One set of blocks was done(on left) and I had the units ready for sewing for the alternate block(on the right). Those got sewn up and now I have to press them before carrying on. There is one more step to be done to these blocks before they can be sewn together into a top. Hopefully that will happen this week!

I thank everyone for their kind thoughts and comments. Life does go on and I know hubby would want me to be sewing and doing what I love. It isn't always easy and there will be good days and not so good ones, but I will keep trying and moving along.

With that in mind, I am checking in with my buddy Kathy and seeing what everyone is slow stitching on today. I will be doing some hand quilting later after all my pressing is finished. I love that there are quilters out there sharing their lives and hobbies, so I have something to keep me going. I also love watching and listening to videos and you tube of quilting things, they inspire me and help me to sew!

Come and visit again and see what other things I get moving on!

3 comments:

  1. Deepest sympathy on the sudden loss of your love of life. What a difficult up and down path you will be on. I hope stitching time brings some enjoyment and distraction as you move needle and thread. Your projects are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see what you are starting to sew again. That is wonderful news! Now that you know how to zoom, we must set up a time to visit on the computer since the covid situation looks to be even more long term than we had ever feared and it will be a long time before we can meet in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great sense of writing I must say. Your post has those facts which are not accessible from anywhere else. It’s my humble request to u please keep writing such remarkable articles 6 feet

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...