Saturday 7 September 2019

Piranha adventures part 2

Kathy's floss box
We were so lucky to be able to get together on a long weekend which gave us an extra day.
doesn't she look comfy...NOT!!
picturesque photo op
Love Lake(yes that is really the name)
Sunday night after supper Kathy wanted to take pictures of her "Kevin's Mystery Quilt".So we took her on an adventure to a little lake near us. I didn't know it but Kathy had never been on an ATV. So what a great chance to check something off her bucket list(not sure it was even on it?)!! A short ride took place followed by a walk in the woods. No bears were seen only some hungry fishes once we got to the lake and they were jumping out of the water trying to catch bugs.
no bears or other critters were seen

After supper I was able to do some blog stalking as Kathy tried to get the perfect angle for a picture of her quilt on the clothesline. After seeing her quilt, I decided that I would like to make a few of these little blocks too. She helped me to get started and now like most scrappy quilt things...I am hooked!
blog stalking 101
little stars far away
little stars up close
This was our last night with Louise as she headed home on Monday. Kathy and Barb stayed one more night.Now a little sewing was done but we were all pretty tired. It had been a few late nights along with early mornings that soon took it toll on us all and we headed to bed.




I will miss my friends until we see each other again. A weekend just isn't long enough, but oh the memories we crammed into those four or five days!

"And that's the title of my next.......I can hear them giggling now!!!hahaha





2 comments:

  1. Very pretty quilt shot...nice that you had a great time...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG yes you had me giggling for sure... and smiling from ear to ear :)
    Totally amazing weekend full of so many adventures... thank you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...