Wednesday 4 September 2019

Quilting friends are the bestest!!

Barb,me,Louise,Kathy
Well the Piranha holiday is over for another year. I think I came to the conclusion this weekend that we need to try to get together more than once a year. But that is something that we will have to work out later.
So Friday night we were finally all together! Louise arrive Thursday evening so her and I got to have a head start on the other two. They arrived late Friday night and we set up and enjoyed a glass of vino and caught up with each other.
Saturday dawned and we got into things. Finding out what each was working on and what was ahead for the weekend. Saturday was my hand quilting day. I have a quilt that needs to be finished. I didn't think I had that much to do till I laid out the quilt and quickly realized I had more to do than was already done.....oh no!!! So I quilted away most of the day till after supper. The quilt is a gift so there will be more about that once it is gifted. I just had the itch to sew on the machine. So out came some blocks that needed to be sewn together. I had all the parts ready and just needed to sew them together. Once I got started I didn't want to stop but the other quilt was calling.
Sunday was another full day of sewing but knowing the afternoon would be spent hand stitching in the gazebo for |Kathy's slow stitching Sunday. I had my work cut out for me to finish some machine quilting and get the binding on the quilt so I would have something to do. Mission accomplished! Now to say we got lots done on Sunday afternoon....hmmmm lots of giggling and laughing. My sides were hurting and my eyes were full of tears from laughing so hard. Of course you have to have treats and keep well hydrated too!Come back tomorrow and see what other adventures we got up to!!
all the necessities for slow stitching





2 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a wonderful weekend full of laughter and adventures!
    I am so honoured to be part of the Fabric Piranhas!
    It's lonely here at home and I'm missing the interesting conversations, delicious food, hysterical laugher, total relaxation and walks in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See we need to do this twice a year...let's start planning!!

      Delete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...