Sunday 15 January 2017

Another year older but maybe not wiser...

carnations my favorite
Another year older for me it is but not sure if I am any wiser!! My family has vowed to not enable my addiction to fabric and quilting so I had to give other ideas for gifts. So a new family ring is on its way to me. In the meantime I received this bouquet of flowers as a surprise and had a day of being spoiled by my DH on my birthday!
view out my window
Looking back a post, I can't believe it has been so long since I have written. Sorry to my readers, I will try to be more frequent with my posts. My problem is I take on long term projects that last many months and I don't want to bore you with the same thing.
En Provence
I have spent the last few weeks sewing away on En Provence. A mystery by Bonnie Hunter. My top is complete now but will have to wait a  bit to be quilted. I have a class this week at one guild to make this feather quilt. I am just making a scrappy version to give away. Next Saturday I have another class to make a curvy log cabin. I am also going scrappy with this one. See already I will have more to post in the future!! haha
I have received a commission piece that I am to hand quilt. I am just waiting for a special silk batting and the quilting will begin. This will be my winter project. There will be more pictures of that once it is set up on the frame.
feather quilt to be!!
February is going to be a busy month. I start the month with a small trunk show and finish the month teaching a class on curve piecing- Metro Rings by Sew Kind of Wonderful. In between we also have several UFO days planned. I am thinking by March I am going to need a vacation!
I think I can finish these soon
I think I will take a mini vacation tonight and do some slow stitching. I have this pair of socks almost done then I can work on this snowman embroidery. I will be joining in with my friend Kathy and slowing the pace and enjoying some quiet time.
Come back Tuesday or Wednesday and see how that pile of scraps became feathers...I can't wait to see!! Have a great week!!





3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your En Provence looks amazing! That was done in record time! Enjoy some relaxing sewing!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're busy! I really like your En Provence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That snowy view is amazing, and your quilt looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...