Sunday 1 January 2017

Happy New Year 2017

my view on new year's eve
If the rest of the year is similar to how I spent last night....I will be one happy quilter! DH and the band were playing a dance in our little town. I chose to drive him to the venue and then return home and sew all night. I was behind on Bonnie Hunter's mystery so I needed to catch up. And I do mean all night as I had to go back and get him at the end of the dance...1 am!!! I got caught up only to find the last clue and reveal was today. Guess I know what I will be doing for a couple of days.

After doing my daily ( it seems) routine of shoveling driveways, I got a couple more hours in today. But this evening as I sit here typing away...there is very little energy left. It might be an early movie night with DH. I can't just sit and watch a movie so some slow stitching on something will get done. I have a pair of socks that I am knitting and the last block on my embroidery quilt to finish.

With this new year starting, I have been cleaning and purging "stuff" from my house. I have manage to tidy, sort, purge and dispose of 3 garbage bags to goodwill, one to garbage, and one grocery bag of books that I will take to the library.It feels good to know what you have and where it is. Although we think we have an extra remote for a WII player and can't find it. I suppose there are a few more spots that need cleaning.We won't even talk about my sewing room/half of the basement. NOT GOING THERE!!!!
So here is wishing everyone good health and happiness in whatever you chose to do with this new year and many thanks for the comments and kind words of encouragement I have received over the past year. Here is hoping I can make more regular blog posts this year.

1 comment:

  1. One of these days I'm going to come to a dance with the famous band... watch for me to show up!
    Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...