Monday 15 June 2015

Quilting friends are the best

24" square
I really do believe this! I had one of mine come for a visit this weekend. We spent Friday night hand stitching and watching "Outlander" on her pvr. She got me hooked on the series. All day Saturday we sewed away. I must say she got way more accomplished than I did. All I have to show for the weekend is this small baby quilt and pin basted this other baby quilt that I am going to hand quilt. The small baby quilt was made from scraps and bonus triangles from 2 gals at the retreat I went to the other weekend.
Today I am pin basting a couple of small quilts that I want to machine quilt and hopefully I will get something done on those.
I am linking up with Kathy and slow stitching did get done on the weekend and that is why I am linking up a day late. Better late (with quilting done) than not at all.

The weather has been rainy and cool lately so all this sewing is getting done cause I know the warm weather is headed our way and I will be spending more time outside in the garden. My flowers are starting. These are the first crop of poppies to bloom. A later variety will bloom in July.



2 comments:

  1. Your flowers are so pretty. So are those adorable quilts. I really like the boldly colored one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting me! It was a relaxing and productive weekend, and just what I needed! Love spending time with you! Susan

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...