Wednesday 10 June 2015

Retreat Roundup

Retreats are relaxing, enjoyable and busy, not to mention exhausting!! Yes it has taken a few days to get back into the routine of life at home. Now that things are caught up and my sewing things unpacked, I have time to update my blog with the goings-on of the weekend.
Northridge Inn -lakeside
There were 11 of us at the retreat with 9 of us sewing in the main lodge so we had lots of room to spread out. We were at the Northridge Inn just outside of Sundridge, where new owners are working their magic to freshen up but still keep the rustic feel of the inn.With views and sunsets like this how can you go wrong! Even the wildlife was friendly. I wanted to take pics of these two Mallards so I tried to sneak up on them only to find out they would follow you just about anywhere!
view from my room
I was able to sew up two baby quilt tops, one large lap top and I did more hst piecing on a quilt of Bonnie Hunter's that I have been working on as a leader and ender. They will pop up on the blog as I finish them in the weeks to come. So I think it was a productive weekend. I even got in some hexie time one evening when I was just to tired to sit at the machine any longer.
our room
lobby











Our last evening was a beauty!!




















My roommate taking a break from her sewing machine



friendly wildlife







Perfect ending




























While I was away DH put in the garden. Well except for plants that would freeze, we are still waiting for warmer weather. It is overcast and grey here today so looks like I might get some sewing in yet!!!Looking forward to this weekend when my friend is coming for a visit and we get to chat and sew together. Happy sewing!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...