Sunday 21 December 2014

Only 4 more sleeps!!

left-right clue 1,2 &3 in progress!
As I sit typing away and having a coffee...it is definitely a slow stitching day. I am all ready for Christmas except for one trip to the grocery store tomorrow. Today is all about me and spending some time with my sewing machine and getting more clues done on Bonnie Hunter's mystery. Not slow stitching with Kathy but some relaxing time for me all the same. Okay so I will also be doing laundry too!!! My day started with being able to sleep in until the puppy jumped up on the bed and needed some attention...no sleeping now! Then as I was getting dressed I looked out my window to see this deer crossing our bridge in the backyard. He has been showing up on my DH trailcam but this is the first time I have gotten to see him in person. He still has his rack which he should be losing soon.
8 point buck regular visitor to our yard

I can't wait for the new year to start when all the decorations are put away and life gets back to a routine. Don't get me wrong I love the holidays but I love my sewing and quilting too and they seem to take a backseat during the holidays! I am hoping to set up a quilt to hand quilt in the new year. I have really missed quilting. I usually have one up in the fall but didn't do that this year. Things just seemed to fly by and there was no time!Speaking of time flying...DH will retire in March. Wonder how that will effect my sewing time. 2015 is definitely going to be an exciting year!!!

I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and all the best in the New Year!
Our puppy Belle waiting for Santa

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I haven't sewn for over a week and am in withdrawals! LOL!! Merry CHristmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella looks so sweet and content there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2015 sounds like it will very exciting year. How exciting to see the deer in your garden. And a lovely puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of the deer. I'm ready for next week too, stitching has been almost at a stand still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my goodness... DH is going to retire???!! Hope he doesn't think he's going to get more Deanna time!! That could cut into your quilting time in a big way :(
    Such beautiful photos... love the deer... and of course little Belle waiting for Santa is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...