Sunday 14 April 2013

Slow Stitching Sunday

April   14 outside my front door
A slow stitching day is just what is needed today. Last evening my hubby and myself were invited to a potluck dinner of epic proportions. Only catch he had to bring along his guitar to play with the six or so others muscians.....country and bluegrass music!There is just nothing like a room full of people playing and those of us, enjoying the music.

Little fairies fabric for a little girl

 So today is a lazy day here and as I look outside there is no incentive to outdoors. We have had a freak spring/winter storm which left 6-8 inches of snow on the ground.

Pooh and friends
 So today I will finish the borders and maybe machine quilt this one on the right and I just have the binding to do on this one below . Our neice has adopted a baby and while in the midst of the paperwork she found out she was pregnant. So voila...two new additions to our family. So these two quilts are for them.

Head over to Kathy's Quilts and see what others are doing on slow stitching Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Will this winter ever end?!?! The perfect thing to do is stay home and quilt!
    Wonderful news for your neice... and great quilts for the new additions!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on both additions to your family. I just love the colors in the Pooh and friends quilt. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your quilts are pretty. Please don't send the snow my way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! great news for your niece and what wonderful quilts to welcome them to the family.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...