Sunday 15 March 2020

Sewing Time

pattern and 70 triangles
With all that is going on in the world and our own neighbourhoods and homes, it is a great time to be a crafter or quilter!! Time to stay put and get some projects done...no travelling, no visitors, I don't even have to do groceries!!
So today as yesterday I will be working on a spider web quilt. I have completed 70 triangles and yesterday I prepped 70 more. I had a math error and thought 70 would be enough only to discover that I had half of what I needed. So I have ironed(i didn't do this before and think it will be easier) a bunch of strips from my string box and hope to put a dent in the 70 triangles today!!I am sewing them to a phone book page with the black circle fabric as my constant and it will be the star once the top is together.
pieces for the next 70 blocks

The binding is almost done on the whole cloth quilt. More about it on this post. It is a long way around 96 x 109. One more evening should be enough.That will be my slow stitching later this evening as I put thread and needle together as my friend Kathy does each Sunday for slow stitching!

Let's see how much we can get done in the coming days at home..isolating ourselves!

7 comments:

  1. What a great scrap buster quilt you have started!
    Enjoy your slow stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone in making math errors 🥴. There are no groceries. Enjoy your slow stitching this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is a great time to be a quilter! I love the picture on the top of your blog. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took that picture when Kathy(slow stitching sunday) was at my house for a retreat weekend. It is her embroidery box!

      Delete
  4. Happy stitching all. Yes I am enjoying this time as workshops have been cancelled so some free time to do my own thing. I’m feelin new patterns on their way.
    Love your scrappy quilts always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something lovely about seeing a pile of cut and ironed fabric! Hope you made a dent in your string project yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree quilting is good medicine especially now.

    ReplyDelete

Let me introduce myself....

 It would seem that maybe I should re-introduce myself as I have been away from blogland for way too long. I have heard from some of my read...