Sunday 1 March 2020

Marching in Spring!

whole cloth quilt is hard to photograph, rainbow from a prism
Although the date is changing, I love the winter and will be sad to see all the white stuff melt away and leave! Having said that after the latest dumping of snow and colder temperatures, I have been inside enjoying my new quilting/sewing space.
different angle still not great
This is curling playoff season in Canada and I get to watch all the games on you tube(we don't have TV). It is a great time to do some hand quilting. I have been working on this whole cloth quilt since my retreat weekend Feb.14. So it has been less than a month, and I laid it out this morning to take a photo to show. It is coming along fairly well. The Q-snap style hoop I am using is about 15" square and I have moved it 32 times. I thought it would be a great idea to keep track of the moves. It takes about 2.5-3 hours to quilt that space. So with that I have spent 80-90 hours on this quilt, just quilting. I have the pin pricks and callouses on my fingers to prove it!! People always ask how long did it take and now, at least for this one, I will have an answer for them!!

Yesterday I set the quilt aside and did some piecing. Got 2 BOM for guild finished and worked on these cute little fellows. I started these log cabin blocks as a leader and ender for another project. Now I just want to see them finished into a quilt.
6" log cabin blocks

The dreaded "Man cold" has been visiting our home this past week. I am trying my best to evade it, so far so good but there are hints I might not be doing as well as I thought. I don't have time for a cold...pass the green tea and honey with just a shot of rye!!haha medicinal of course!!

My curling watching will continue today and with that more slow stitching. I will be joining Kathy and the others with slow stitching Sunday. A day to relax and do what we all like to do. As Kathy points out in her blog today, stitching, sewing or working with a needle and thread is therapeutic and good for us! Sounds like just what the doctor ordered and great medicine too!!



 

8 comments:

  1. Stitching medicine is mandatory when you have a man cold in the house!
    Your whole cloth project is amazing, and how cool that you kept track of the hours!
    Enjoy curling and stitching and germ avoiding today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you will avoid the "man cold" [rye works for me lol]
    Nice stitching you are doing...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most definitely, the man cold will disappear with a little therapeutic hand sewing...fingers crossed. =) It's amazing the number of hours you have put into the quilting of your lovely quilt. Such a wonderful pile of log cabin blocks. Enjoy your Sunday slow stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitching is beautiful! It's so nice to have our stitching when we need to destress. Hope the dreaded cold doesn't come visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Lots of stitches.Lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty little log cabins, a great leader and ender project. Hope you manage to keep well away from that man cold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so many stitches! It's so beautiful and so worth every minute of time spent on it!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...