Sunday 2 February 2020

Quilting along....

binding choices(gray day here=bad photos)
but quilting lines really show up
Yesterday was a quilting day. I had spent several hours(wasted more like it) looking for a pattern or way to quilt my brightly pieced quilt. Finally I said to DH, even if I find something I am not near ready to sit down and quilt. So prep work began...find a backing and baste the quilt. Now I have heard quilters say their quilts talk to them and I have never had that happen till yesterday. While basting, the quilt talked to me about how it wanted to be quilted. I am using the walking foot and can and did do lots of continuous lines, not too many starts and stops. I was finished last night and said it just needs a  little more, so I have 12 more stars in the center of the blocks to finish today. Then it will be time to make the binding and attach it. I am doing a two coloured binding with lime green on the back and a dark pink on the front.I couldn't find a single colour that would work as the backing is a bit lighter in colour than the colours on the front of the quilt. You can see the whole quilt top from a previous post.

Now this could be my slow stitching for today but I am saving up some hand stitching for a weekend away that I am going on in a couple weeks. This will be my second binding project I get to take with me. I have started an applique project(was in my last post here) and it will be coming along too! Then there is always my hexies and some knitting.


Although I will be checking in with Kathy today, this afternoon hand stitching time will be on hold till after supper.
Love quilting on my new machine, so watch for more finishes in the coming weeks!! Enjoy your day and here's hoping that groundhog is nice to us!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes it can take a while to decide on a quilt's quilting design, but one always seems to decide on the 'right' pattern. Your design, Deanna is perfect for your beautiful quilt. It looks as if that new machine and you have the magic touch. The quilting looks amazing on that pretty backing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when a quilt tells me what to do ... it's so much easier than trying to figure it out on my own!! :)

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...