Saturday 16 March 2019

International or World Wide Quilt Day

We don't really need a special day but it is a good excuse and what is a girl to do but sew patchwork...of course after all the snow shoveling is done! We have had all kinds of weather since Thursday....rain, sleet, more rain and then snow!Not complaining because all this snow has to go away slowly or we will be building arcs pairing up!!!haha DH even made supper so I could keep sewing...I was in the zone !

The last few days I have been helping my sister make a baby quilt. I supplied the fabric, design ideas and the cutting and she has been sewing the top together. Mitered borders were added last night. I didn't even take a photo. She will be basting it here as well as quilting it on my machine. So hopefully I will have a chance to take a pic later.



        I know I should be quilting and finishing a project myself...but this is what I want to work on today. Tumblers that were left over from Bonnie Hunter's leader ender from a couple of years ago. I threw caution to the wind and just sewed the pieces together without worrying about placement and now trying to put them in rows without similar ones touching.....well let's just say the seam ripper isn't far away!!
Hope you all found some time to fit in some quilting today! Come visit tomorrow when I visit my friend Kathy and her slow stitching movement!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...