Sunday 24 March 2019

Argggg...what was I thinking!!

first blocks completed last October
A bad sewing day...sort of like a bad fishing day...is there such a thing?!?! Well today was a bit of a "if it could go wrong it did"!!
one of these corners is a little OFF!!!!
Have you ever started a quilt pattern knowing there was an error in the pattern. How did you feel, did you want to stop or carry on? Well I did the latter...jumped in with both feet. I knew of the error and made the necessary corrections.  BUT today I am fighting a bit of lack of sleep and little things kept happening to me. First I cut too many pieces, I had enough for 8 blocks instead of 4. Then once I started sewing them together and pressed them so seams would be butting, I found a seam that wasn't playing nice?!! One look told me why, I had sewn the block in the wrong way(see the green block above). But I persevered and got the four blocks done. Take a second look, these blocks are pieced the same but the colour placement is different. I must add that this quilt has been sitting on my cutting table since the Fall, so I decided it needed finishing. I am aiming to have it done to show at our June banquet.

one day 4 blocks-shouldn't be that hard
After all that mind-boggling sewing...I just want to sit down with some easy peasy hand sewing with my hexies. I will be checking in with Kathy and checking in to see what everyone else is doing on this slow stitching Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Those blocks are great. Will make a nice quilt. Thanks for sharing. Hey, might soon be maple syrup time...right

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...