Sunday 17 March 2019

Happy St. Paddy's Day

Some green content for the day
creek is thawing
The wearing of the green, Irish blessings and drinking of green beer(not one of my favs) happens today! A sign that Spring is around the corner. Unfortunately I think I am living on a circle....no corners for miles and lots of snow that has to leave before we will see Springlike conditions.The creek in our backyard has opened up and is flowing. Two otters were playing on the snow and left their mark overnight.
golden retreiver/mountain goat!!
banks were almost my height 5'2",rain has taken them down
The snow has come off our garage too. To the point where the dog can get up on the roof (which is about 8feet high on the short side)




I continue to work on my tumbler quilt top, not working with green fabric today. I could/should be trying to finish the quilt above which would fit the theme of the day but a quilter must follow her moods. My mood says tumblers today!!

I have checked in with Kathy and slow stitching Sunday which for me will happen later this afternoon. A friend (who sells Sipology Teas) is having a tea party and I am taking along my hexies to stitch on while we enjoy a cup and some sure to be lively conversation!

Enjoy your day and the week ahead.

In the words of the Irish Rovers"may you be a half an hour in heaven before the devil knows you're dead!"


2 comments:

  1. Enjoy stitching your hexies. Your green quilt is perfect for St Patricks day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so much snow! I bet it’s pretty. Your green quilt is really nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...