Sunday 28 October 2018

Sewwww busy!!

At the start of the week, I promised many blog posts...well?! That didn't happen but sewing did happen and I was so busy completing things that I was on a roll and didn't want to take away from the sewing to do computer work. And it is work for me sometimes!
Add caption
My week started with these visitors to our backyard...porcupines and there were two of them...hope they leave and never return!!!
So today I will catch you all up on what I have been up to. So I got the binding on two large quilts that my friend Susan long armed for me.You can read more about them here. I completed the Christmas runner for my sister in law and I also finished that Christmas stocking(more pictures on that later after it has been gifted).
This week I worked on this brown x's and o's quilt. I machine quilted it and did some hand quilting as well. It just needs the binding finished.
Another quilt that I worked on was a new pattern that is coming out soon. My friend Carla from Quilting by the River asked me to look over the pattern and try to put a block together. I couldn't see doing just one block so I decided to make this quilt with some scraps I had. I ran out of the one floral and added another one part way through...hardly noticeable! I did some machine quilting on it and have decided to also do some hand quilting on it. That is left to do and the binding of course.
going to look cute
I have also prepared the borders for another quilt top. I have sewn the borders altogether and will be cutting them and doing mitered corners. So that will wait for another day. Today I am continuing to work on something I started yesterday. A commissioned piece for a friend. I will show a bit but no finished pics till it is gifted. It is fussy cutting using steam a seam. I will also being doing some embroidery and machine stitching to make the characters on the quilt come to life. Well that is what I am hoping for anyways. And while I was stash-diving....I found the perfect piece of fabric for the backing...although not quite enough I will put borders on the top and bottom and it will be perfect.
messy cutting table










There will be slow stitching today as I attempt to sew down all the steam a seam pieces. So I will be joining Kathy and doing some slow Sunday stitching today. This is what it looks like out my window so it is the perfect day for sewing and working in my studio!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You’ve been busy. Is that a baby quilt you’re making? The snow is so pretty ....thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever seen a porcupine. Oh I hate snow I would be inside sewing too

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...