Friday 19 October 2018

Hunting Season means Quilting!

Yes it has begun!! But that means sewing season for me. I have been on the road a lot lately. In my last post I was in Guelph for their guild's quilt show. You can check that out here! Then it was thanksgiving weekend. With no rest, I had to start packing for my annual quilting retreat.  Thursday afternoon to Sunday afternoon, no cooking or cleaning just sewing, quilting and lots of chatting!
I took many projects with me and worked on all but one of them. Did I get anything finished...nope!But with a good start to many, this week I have good intentions of finishing a few of them and starting a couple more!

In the midst of all this my friend Susan long armed a couple quilts for me and returned them to me, so they will need binding too.It will be great to get them finished. One is Jamestown Landing by Bonnie Hunter and the other one is a log cabin style quilt I sewed up over 12 years ago. A friend challenged me to make it with her. Hmmm....wonder if she ever got it finished?

I hope you will check back and see how my progress is. It is late evening here and I am finishing this up so I can go watch Bonnie Hunter's quilt cam. I will be doing some binding and hexies as I watch.
I will post pics tomorrow when the lighting in my sewing room is better.

Looking forward to the weekend, hope you are too and happy quilting!!

1 comment:

  1. Can’t wait to see what you get up to. Enjoy your quilt time!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...