Sunday 4 November 2018

Another week ahead

Sunday is the start of a new week and when it starts with an extra hour....all the better. We turned our clocks back one hour last night before going to bed and today I am up early and ready to go. Now I just need it to brighten up a bit as I just don't have enough lighting in my studio to do much.
I have been a busy this week. The commission quilt I was making is done, it just needs a label. Sorry I can't show pics as yet. There will be a blog post about it in the near future.
I have moved onto a quilt of valor that has been waiting patiently for me. Mostly because I have to machine quilt it and I don't like FMQ. So trying to make it look pretty with straight lines and of course I will add some hand quilting. With some help from my DH, we came up with an idea and it makes the leaves look real and best part...continuous quilting with only minimal stops and starts!

quilt of valor that I am offered to quilt and bind
The week ahead looks like sewing and quilting with a slight chance of housework. Hmmm maybe I can get that done today and not have to worry about it for the week. I will have a very sad dog on my hands too. She hurt her leg last week and won't be able to go to the bush hunting. I also have a couple of sewing days with friends to look forward to. So I should have lots to blog about this week.

Today, because I am up so early, I have already checked in with Kathy and what she is up to on slow stitching Sunday. She must be an early riser too....wink wink. Got to love technology!!!"
I also want to just create and sew this week. I have a couple projects that I would like to attempt. Dare I start something new......! Can you really have too many projects on the go!? What do you think Kathy...do I have a bad case of "startitis"???

Enjoy your week...I know I am going to!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, your poor doggie! Can’t wait to see what you get up to this week. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you working on?

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...