Sunday 22 April 2018

Could it be.....

Spring...is it just around the corner? Only time will tell but the sun is shining and it is getting warmer out. Which means muddy yard and muddy doggie foot prints in the house!
Tomato plants
cabbage and broccoli
As DH is out boiling sap, I am trying to get in some sewing and hand quilting before yard work starts beckoning.We have some plants under artificial light that are growing....we are just hoping they aren't ready to go outside before it is warm enough. Luckily DH has a small greenhouse we could put them in for a bit.
hand quilting frame is advancing ...slowly



The hand quilting on the frame is coming along. With it staying light after supper now...I find that is the time I enjoy sitting there and getting in some stitches.






3" finished churn dashes




I have also started a new quilt. Well I have started putting it together. I worked on it last Fall at my retreat. You can look here at what I was doing. Everyone thought me crazy with those tiny blocks. Little did some of them know it would become a workshop for the guild some of us belong to!!It is just a simple looking quilt but ohhh the scraps that you can use up. Not to mention this piece of fabric that I am using for the alternate blocks...I think it has been in my stash for a bit!


I did have a finish this week too. My friend Susan long armed my quilt and I put the binding on it this week. Then on a windy day I took it outside to get a picture of it. I had to get in a sheltered spot out of the wind then I just hoped it didn't end up in the creek which is partially open.

So once I have cleaned up the kitchen, put laundry away...I will be headed to the sewing room for some ME time!! I will be checking in with my friend Kathy and seeing what others are up to for slow stitching Sunday. Enjoy this beautiful sunny Earth Day!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the photo of your hand quilting project! Makes me want to sit right down and spend the day quilting!
    Happy Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hand quilting and those churn dashes are adorable. My kind of project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hand quilting looks wonderful! And those curn dashes are so cute:-)

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...