Tuesday 16 August 2016

Step by step

It really is a process that goes step by step. This morning I just wanted to sew on something fun. I wanted to create. I have a quilt that needs machine quilting and one that is in the process of hand quilting but I just wanted to play with fabric. And so I did just that.

I received this bag of scraps from a fellow guild member. I have already made a few minis from it but there are lots of pieces yet to use. So after sorting and deciding on a few layouts, I got to sewing.
I knew this was going to be a mini quilt but how small did I dare to go. The individual hst finish at 3/4" with the blocks finishing at 3". I added sashing and the whole project finishes at 9x13". I figure I will machine quilt it and that will be my practice for starting on the quilt I have to quilt for September. "Two birds, one stone" sort of thing. Win win!!!But believe me no one ever said making mini quilts was easier than larger ones. It is like looking under a microscope, every little thing  is emphasized. I am quite happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...