Saturday 6 August 2016

Under the needle today or under the gun?

quilt top to be
Today will be a marathon sewing day. It has been so hot here the last couple of days that I didn't want to put the iron on but today that  will have to be different. Blocks need pressing so I can start putting the quilt top together.I am self imposing a deadline to get the top finished so I can show it at guild on Monday night. Then I can quilt it and be ready before it is due in September.

sale purchases
I took an afternoon off this week and went to my local quilt store as she was having a sale. Clearing out older bolts of fabric to make room for new lines. I emptied a couple of bolts and got backing for a large quilt. At $5 a meter you can't go wrong. Also picked up a cheater panel quilt. The panels are very small but the quilt as a whole is very pretty. Also got a $5 bag of scraps...can't resist those they are like a bag of candy!

Speaking of candy...I can't seem to resist my hexie project at the moment. You can read more about it here. All I want to do is sit and stitch on it. I have put a lot of stitches into it but it doesn't seem to be growing as fast as I would like! Oh well no deadline on that one...it is definitely a work in progress.
 Happy Saturday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...