Sunday 7 August 2016

One stitch at a time....

If you look at a quilt and only see the finished product, the process can be so over whelming but one stitch at a time, one unit, one block and it will all come together.
This is what I found out yesterday. Seems like I have been piecing this latest quilt forever...actually started it on July 15 with lots of days of not working on it. Yesterday the blocks became a roughly laid out quilt and the rows started to get sewn together. I will share pics later after the quilt has been delivered. I should have no problem meeting my self-imposed deadline of yesterday...might even get it to the basting stage.
Add caption
This week this photo was shared with me. I made this quilt for a friend's daughter who had a little baby boy. She wanted a forest themed quilt. I was at a loss as to what to make and DH googled forest quilts and this popped up. I am sorry I don't have the original designer's name or information. With no pattern, I drew the critters myself so although they are based on a photo, they are my interpretations. I think this little guy enjoys his quilt and is taking it pretty easy!

Which reminds me, today is slow stitching Sunday. Kathy reminds us to slow down each week and enjoy some hand stitching. This is what was hand stitched last evening and hopefully will help to join some of my larger hexies together.
pile of hexies
That will come later today for me because my sewing machine "Annie" is calling me and more blocks need to become rows and a quilt top.

Cooler days here too mean the iron will be on!! Happy Sunday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on all of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the animals in your baby quilt! The baby loves them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely baby quilt! Looking forward to seeing what your hexies become! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great photo of the baby enjoying his new quilt!
    How nice of the parents to share that photo!
    ENjoy your hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...