Sunday 23 March 2014

Is Spring ever going to come???

Time to do roofs
It might be March but in my neighbourhood...it looks the middle of February! Although the temperatures during the day are warming up, we still have so much snow! On a good note this just means that I get to do more sewing guilt free cause what else could I possibly be doing!
Well maybe clearing off roofs. The garage roofs are starting to show signs of snow load! So DH had to get up there and clear them off. About 2.5 feet of snow! I class this as definite man's work, I don't like ladders or roofs!! no matter how soft the landing might be!!!

Quilt on a frame
Quilting designs
So I finally got to hand quilting. I set up a quilt that I put together last year at guild. It has been waiting for the right time to put it on the frame.I thought I wanted to do feather plumes in the large open areas but couldn't create one that would look good so onto plan B. Butterflies(which I had a stencil for) and very small plumes in the white spaces. I can dream of butterflies and spring time even though the weather outside is anything but!!! Just perfect quilting time!! Put netflix on the laptop and I could sit at the frame all day but my butt  and back won't let me so I guess I will still have a couple baby quilts to make and a couple of doggie quilts for a friend.                                                                                                                                                                
My birthday prayer shawl
 I am linking up with my friend
Kathy for a slow stitching Sunday and her theme of the day is completing things even if they are difficult. I had that issue with a knitting project I started. My friend gave me some beautiful wool(that was her mother's) as a birthday gift,. I wanted to make a wrap or prayer shawl(fancy name for shawl) so I found a pattern that didn't look too difficult!! Famous last words, good thing I have another friend who is very good at knitting pattern interpretation...thanks Mallory!!! I did persevere and it is finally done. I love how it keeps you warm without having to put on a sweater. Great for sitting at the quilt frame or being in my sewing room which is in the basement!








8 comments:

  1. How wonderful these photos are...of things that are difficult!!
    Hope hubster didn't fall off the roof!
    Would sure love to be sitting around that frame quilting butterflies with you today! And I'd love to be wearing that quilting shawl, praying for more quilting time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He never fell that I know of! Getting some time in looking out at all that snow today!

      Delete
  2. No snow here but chilly and dreary...

    Pretty quilt and shawl! I hope you get some sun and melting there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shawl and the wonderful butterflies, great stitches! I agree snow removal is definitely man's work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new shawl..I have started 4 this winter and nothing has worked..beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty shawl. Way to overcome those difficult parts and get it done. You've inspired me to pull out the appliqué block and just do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it and maybe you will show it on your blog!

      Delete
  6. Hey D - your quilting looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...