Monday 3 March 2014

Good sewing weekend

I am linking up a day late, as my camera decided to be dead today and I so wanted to include photos of what I have been up to.
1st charity quilt notice the binding
showing backing










I just love when it is a good sewing day and things just come together ...don't you! Well this was one of those weekends. I had a class at guild on panels and putting them together or what to do with them. I just took some small blocks that I had here and am going to make a cuddle quilt for charity.So I got most of the pieces sewn on Saturday and than on Sunday I finished the quilt. Measurements and the math worked out well and I even found a backing fabric that was just the right size .I even got fancy and did a two coloured binding. Green to match the front and use up scraps and blue to match the Pooh backing  fabric. So I thought I was on a roll, I started a second quilt.
2nd one hard to see the sashing
Backing pieced with a border print










 This left the evening to do some hand stitching and  relaxing time with DH and netflix.
bright sunny kaleidoscope on a cold winter day
I put the final stitches in my kaleidoscope and it is done. Then I did some binding on the first charity quilt and then it was bedtime.
If I could only continue at this pace I would get so much done..but life has a way of getting in the way, as I am sure you all know!!!Off to guild tonight to show off some of my weekend handy work!!

 Kaleidoscope pic was taken in my driveway on a three foot high snowbank!! Yep it is still winter here in Northern Ontario!!

2 comments:

  1. Those light blues are beautiful on that child's quilt. Your kaleidoscope is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaleidoscope block is so cool!
    Stay warm... keep making quilts... spring will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...