Sunday 22 December 2013

Winter White Christmas

snowy land
one of many
It is definitely gonna be a white Christmas at my house. The winds are blowing today and snow is falling.But even that doesn't keep some critters away. I have had up to 7 blue jays at the feeders this weekend. Are you ready for the holidays yet? I am, just one more trip to the grocery store and beer store. Then all that is left is to wait for our darling daughter to make the hopefully 5 hour drive home. They have been getting nasty weather where she is...freezing rain and snow!
I got almost all the things made and knitted that I wanted for Christmas. The only exception is scarf/shawl. Very simple knitted pattern but for some reason it is giving me grief. Rethinking the whole making another one for me after I am done though!!! And I am too stubborn to throw in the towel when I am so close to being finished. And for slow stitching Sunday with Kathy,
could be a treadle or featherweight
that is what I am trying to accomplish...a finish!!!
I have also cross stitched a new ornament for myself this year to honour the acquiring of two sewing machines. It has been awhile since I cross stitched...me thinks they are making aida cloth very small these days or I need stronger glasses! Isn't aging wonderful. Not to get bitten by another craft bug...I am looking forward to the new year. I am setting up a quilt to hand quilt in a frame. It has been over a year since I have done this. I use to do a couple a year.This along with all the guild things we are doing will fill the year and keep me busy!!!
I would love to take this time to wish everyone in blogland a Merry Christmas and a Happy Happy Happy New Year! I have enjoyed my almost first year blogging and looking forward to more in the future!
 Cheers everyone!!! Hugs from Deanna


10 comments:

  1. Love your little ornament! Are you a machine collector like Bonnie Hunter? Looks so cold where you are, I am so glad to be living in the south now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all our snow melted here in western pa and we have rain and mud, ugh

    Love your little ornament!

    I too feed the birds...I like to throw peanuts out for the bluejays...they come so close / they are fearless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little ornament. Always nice to have a remembrance of the years events. Hope you can stay in and stitch the day away -- cause it looks cold out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deanna...I am Genie and this is my first visit to the meme. This is so exciting and I am so happy to have found all of you. Your cross stitched vintage machine is adorable. What a darling and personal Christmas ornament. Sorry you all are so cold. Is is so warm here we do not even have on the heat. Christmas Day it is to become seasonal...if we know what that temp is these day. Merry Christmas to you and your family. genie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute little ornament...I haven't cross stitched in years even though I have everything I would ever need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is me too...also the reason I found the holes very small!!

      Delete
  6. Cute ornament. Back in the day I used to make a lot of cross stitched ornaments. I really can't see all that well to do cross stitching much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute ornament. It has been so long since I have done any cross stitch. Hope everyone has safe travels and you and yours have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little ornament!! I did a lot of cross stitching in my hiatus from quilting back in the 1980's.

    No snow here ... and absolutely none in the forecast so we'll have yet another non-white Christmas. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your ornament... it's perfect!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Stitching!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...