Sunday 29 December 2013

Approaching Year End

Today's.......to do list!
Where did this year go? Here we are Christmas is over and all the rushing around to get things ready and now we are saying good bye to another year and the beginning of a new year of promising things.I have been trying for the last two days to get to the sewing room but cleaning or visiting has gotten in the way. So today, well after this post I will be heading downstairs to try to make some progress on three things. Lower left of the pic, the white print was given to us as a challenge of ugly fabric. I added the other colours and intend to make a small baby blanket for the NCIU ( our charity work for the guild). Top of the pic, the floral print is another challenge fabric we are to use all year. I have added some more fabric from the same line for the first block whose theme is flowers! And lastly a kleenex box challenge on the right. pink, green, and white...doesn't it just scream baby girl!!! I have two 6 1/2 " blocks to make for that. Well that should keep me busy till it is time to go to one last family dinner tonight. This will also be my slow stitching for today, head over and see what my friend Kathy and others are up to today too!
Our 12 year old Zoe

While downloading pics for the blog, I found this one from Christmas day. At our house even the dog gets Christmas goodies, although she has to wait patiently for someone to give her one!!
Enjoy your day whatever you are doing and I am wishing you all the best in the New Year that is upon us!!

4 comments:

  1. So many challenge projects to keep you busy. It will be impossible to be bored with all those projects in the works. Hope Zoe enjoys her Christmas treats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going through my fabric stash has been quite the undertaking. I am determined to go through the pieces of material and organize them into little plastic containers. I had them on shelves in my library room, but they were catching dust from this 100+ year old farm house. I thought it would be a miserable experience, but I am enjoying going through the pieces, feeling the fabric, looking at the colors, and then placing accordingly. Every New Year I defrost the big freezer and I clean up my sewing and art rooms. Good luck to you in your endeavors, and happy new year. genie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful dog you have!
    Enjoy playing with your projects!
    Thanks so much for contributing to Slow Sunday Stitching this year!
    Sending you wishes for a happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Zoe is a beauty ... I miss our golden Toby. She was 12 when we had to put her down ... There isn't a day that goes by where I don't miss her terribly.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...