Sunday 27 October 2013

Very Slow Stitching Sunday

It will be a quilt some day
This is the perfect day for slow stitching as I have managed to catch a sinus cold and I don't feel like doing much so sitting quietly is just what the doctor ordered. Even my teeth hurt!! I think it will be a combo of knitting a poncho/sweater for me and hand piecing some more hexies for my future grandmother's flower garden. As I told friends the other night at guild, don't know it I will ever see it finished but I have high hopes.
I also am enjoying the relaxation after spending Friday and Saturday in a car with my daughter. She is moving again and we were apartment hunting. We were deep in quilt store country but with no time to stop. I even had to pass on spending some of  the day at a quilt show with my quilting buddy Barb(hope you enjoyed yourself). It was a good thing too because we ended up driving through some nasty snowy weather on the way home. But I am sure with a place to stay in that area, I will be able to make many trips down in the future!
Check  out what Kathy is up to today on slow stitching sunday
P.S. Barb I will try to blog more often but there is no way I can be as proficient as Kathy!! lol

7 comments:

  1. Your hexies are really cute! I made a grandmother's flower garden quilt a couple years ago that I gave to my Mom. It is a favourite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow! What a thought. Your hexies are so spring like though, they are sure to brighten your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All reproduction fabrics and very spring like!

      Delete
  3. I have started one too! It is my traveling project so it won't be getting done anytime soon. Your flowers are very spring like, hope they made you forget about the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is also my travel project that is why it is a slow process!

      Delete
  4. I sure hope you feel better. Nothing like a little hexi time to do that. Just don't fall asleep with the needle in your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the quilt show for both of us!
    Take good care of yourself and feel better soon!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...