Thursday 24 October 2013

A New Addition

Introducing...."Vicki"
Not that I was expecting it! But I have added a new addition to my .....sewing room!!!It was a guild meeting like any other till just about the end when someone said to a member "tell us about your machine". Innocent enough but what she said got my attention!
"This is my sister's machine that she wants to sell", not just any machine but a feather weight! Woohoo!!!
Checked it out, test drove it and bought it on the spot! Well the cheque is in the mail today! I googled the serial number and she was born Jan 1955 but looks brand new! I would have to say she was hardly used and I sewed on her today and she runs beautifully. Can't wait to spend some more time with her.I will have to look into getting some more bobbins and maybe a 1/4" foot.

Well this week of hunting season is over and it went by quite quickly although I did get lots of sewing done.I will post pics when the top is done. I was just excited to show off the new addition!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I recently bought another FW from my sister. I had to buy a few things for her and now need to get her out and get her sewing. You will love it! I don't have a quarter inch foot but I do love the seam guide that came with mine.


    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...