Tuesday 8 October 2013

Not Just the Seasons are Changing

Oh my in pieces
Altogether,working and in new home
Well it has been a few weeks of changes in my world. Our daughter is in between apartments so we have moved all her worldly possessions into our living room for two weeks. This meant that my temporary sewing room had to return to the basement. That created a situation since my sewing room downstairs has become a dumping ground as of late. Also last week DH was on holidays and very busy doing things around the house. This is great except I felt guilty not being as productive so I completed a few furniture refinishing jobs that I have been putting off all summer,including a treadle sewing machine. So now not only do I have to clean out the sewing room but I have to make room for my newly refinished treadle machine too!!! YIKES
Oh how did it get so bad
AHHHH much better
So yesterday was the day. I headed downstairs determined to get at this mess. A mere 6 hours later I had the room cleaned up and the treadle machine found a new home in there too. Now all I wanted to do was sit down and sew but alas it was guild night and I had to make supper and get ready!

My Orca Bay

Now it is not like I haven't been busy too. I am to the binding stage on the wedding quilt and I have completed my Orca Bay mystery of Bonnie Hunter's. Along the way I have fitted in some knitting too. So today is a play day for me in my cleaned up sewing room. Hope you enjoy whatever you are doing today too!



2 comments:

  1. Woohoo...binding stage...my favorite!
    And your treadle is gorgeous gorgeous....wow! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Quilter Kathy, the treadle is gorgeous. Nice job...ps love the quite too.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...