Monday 21 October 2013

It's Hunting Season!


That means two things around here: one my annual quilting retreat is over and two, I have a week of quiet sewing while DH is away hunting!
crostini appetizer
chocolate heaven on a  plate

So this past weekend we had our annual retreat at a new location and was it worth the change!! We had a chef not a cook but a great CHEF!!!These are just a sample of what it looked like when our food came to our table. Then all day we got to sew. Only minor complaint was the lighting could be better but we made due.Laughs, giggles and friends what else could you ask for!! Even got a few things sewn.
trout  

It is also a great week cause I get to start a new project. That's right the wedding quilt is finally finished.It just needs a final washing and I will wrap it up and have it ready for when the newly weds arrive at Christmas time.





I completed this small wall hanging  and all these blocks at the retreat.The blocks are what are on my design wall today too. Love it when I can get so much into one blog entry! The larger blocks are for a quilt for DH's aunt and the smaller four pink ones are a tissue box challenge. Use the colours from a tissue box and create the blocks that are given to us at guild and by June we will have 18- 6" finished blocks...I am thinking a baby quilt!! Sorry if things are a little out of sorts...wouldn't let me preview it and make it look pretty!




No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...