Sunday 14 July 2013

Hot Slow Stitching Sunday

Just before I started quilting
It is a warm one today. I have opened and now closed the windows to keep the heat out and am trying to figure out how to hand quilt my queen sized quilt on my lap. This is just the wrong time of year to be doing this but what is a girl to do?!?! I set a schedule for myself...two blocks a day. I started on Monday this past week  and by Tuesday I was behind already!!!!!oops!! I am using a nice 16" almost square hoop borrowed from a friend. It is nice, I can almost do a whole 12" block without moving the hoop!
Linking up today Kathy's Quilts and doing some much needed catching up!!Let's see what everyone else is up to!


6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your quilting design! Good luck with meeting your goal.
    Thanks for linking up... now you better get quiltin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness it is just lovely!

    I have a hand quilting project but it is just couch quilt size. I tried it sitting on the porch but its too hot for that...now it is on the dining room table. Fan overhead and window AC blowing straight at me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too hot where I live to quilt in the summer also. I try to piece or applique in the summer and start quilting in the fall thru early spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too hot for quilting in the summer here too...especially since I don't have air conditioning. Good luck on staying with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the heat is definitely a challenge for us hand quilters during the warmer months. I thought that Debra @ Homespun had it worked out nicely though~!

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck and looking forward to seeing one of your blocks next week. I'm curious what quilting pattern you have selected.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...