Wednesday 3 July 2013

Settling into Summer

peonies just before a rain
Even though it is summer I am trying to get things done...maybe a promiseI should make to myself. The weather has not been the best but not bad enough to have to complain. My flowers are growing. These peonies are in full bloom and I took this pic just before a rain that made them all fall down!

It is also strawberry season . My sister, niece, and I all went out the other day. Don't they just look delicious.















feathered star pattern...so many tiny pieces



Fons and Porter Sept 2012
I have been steadily working on a quilt for a wedding gift. I have got it to the border stage, so I thought I would show you how far I have come from that one block. I am hoping to baste it this week and start hand quilting on it.



I also completed another top. It was a pattern I found in a magazine and created a mystery quilt out of the pattern. Now if finishing these tops was as easy as doing the tops. argggg!!We also gained an addition to our yard. Behind this quilt we have moved in a 16' square gazebo. Yes we moved it from about a mile away to our yard. DH will do anything if it involves using his tractor. I for see many hours sitting out there next to the creek, hand quilting in the shade with no bugs. Ahhhh!!!
This has been a long entry so I will say good bye for now.


1 comment:

  1. Very pretty quilts! Strawberry season is my favorite.:)

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...