Sunday 7 July 2013

Beautiful summery Sunday

Almost ready to quilt
It is slow stitching Sunday with Kathy and I will definitely be there as soon as I finish basting this quilt top that I plan on hand quilting. Got it half pinned last night and run out of pins...have to locate more today or I will be thread basting it.OUCH!!! With the warm weather we have been having our new to us Gazebo is proving very useful. I think I may find myself out there quilting a lot.









 Also got a couple little projects completed this week while not working or ignoring the wedding quilt (cause I couldn't find the right stencil to do the quilting design)I just know when it is the right one somehow!!
 The bag we made at our summer ending guild banquet. It was a tea and tote party.We received kits and created the bag and we served a light tea and finger foods supper. The needle case I received from the Guelph guild for helping with a workshop they put on. I was visiting my friend Barb who belongs to the guild. What a fun day!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! Love the colors and those stars are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry I couldn't be at that tea and tote party...what a great idea!
    Wishing you many relaxing hours quilting in your gazebo this summer:)
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your feathered star is beautiful. I did a paper pieced block once, can't imagine piecing a whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was done by regular patchwork piecing no paper pieing!

      Delete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...