Monday 29 July 2013

Busy, busy, busy!!!

this is how it looked before quilting
Well the hand quilting is coming along. Although I am not going to meet my deadline, I am lucky that I will have extra time to finish it before I give it to the bride and groom. I won't be going to the wedding and may not see them till the Fall. But people have told me I have one year to give a gift....so well...I have lots of time!!! I was asked last week, what I was quilting in the squares.
feathered star block from the back of the quilt
 So here are the pics...on the feathered star blocks I am outlining the star and added a heart in each corner. With a center octagon to help hold things.


On the plain alternate blocks I have  used a quilting stencil.
alternate block from the back of the quilt.
The set in triangles, also got the stencil in part. All the quilting is being done with chocolate brown thread. So I am making sure there are no oops, and stitches are evenly spaced..so this means removing stitches and redoing them sometimes!
Today's job is log cabin blocks. This is for a wedding in two weeks. I have a couple of days to sew the top and get it to my friend the longarm quilter.Cutting it a little close..yes...but I lost track of days and this wedding has snuck up on me!! Wish me luck!!! We'll see how fast I am, hoping to have it done by Wednesday!! YIKES
Linking to Kathy's quilts a day late...but check out what everyone is up to!


1 comment:

  1. WOW! Your quilting stitches look amazing...love the designs you have chosen! Thanks for linking up to Slow Stitching Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...