Thursday 16 May 2013

My Annual "May" Run

May run around here refers to opening of fishing season...but for me it is quilt sale and my road trip to see my two quilting buddies. We are known as the "fabric piranhas"!
My bounty from the quilt store
Yesterday three other friends and myself headed to my favorite local quilt store(two hour drive away) for her annual 50% off sale. I cleaned up, bought enough fabric for 3 quilts plus a couple of extra pieces that were to pretty to leave behind.
The burgandy,beige and thimbleberrie(upper right) are for a sampler quilt for an DH aunt.Dusty rose print(lower left) is backing for a whole cloth quilt with the darker for binding. The teal and beige(upper left) are for a wedding present, need a chocolate brown yet. I am making a feathered star quilt with that.The teal was bought for the front of the quilt but I might use it for the backing instead. The other little pile(lower right) is just pretty. The teals are what I am looking for the wedding quilt but there wasn't enough yardage but don't they match that floral stripe well. It was meant to be. I have more of the floral line that I can add to.
During our full day we even fit in a stop at a yarn store.
Next week I head south to spend some time at a couple quilt shows and shopping with the other two piranhas.I always come home so inspired and exhausted. I always feel like a kid in a candy store. There are so many quilts stores to see there and I haven't many in my local area. So now it is to get going and making these piles into quilts. I always have a hard time starting a new quilt...that first cut into yardage is intimidating!! But here goes.....

1 comment:

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...