Thursday 30 May 2013

I'm Back.....

I just realized it has been a few days....weeks since my last posting. Well I think Spring has finally arrived and that means yard stuff to get done.We cut down some large pines last summer but it wasn't till last week that we removed the stumps. They were on the edge of my biggest flower bed so needless to say it created a mess. I will be able to remodel that bed when DH gets me some earth to fill the hole left by the removal!

Isn't it bright.
On the quilting front I just returned from my annual visit south to spend time with my two quilting buddies. Every year we attend a festival in their area. It has since been disbanded but there are still a couple of independent shows that go on. At one particular show I saw this quilt and it spoke to me. Now when I say it spoke to me...it said I must make one for myself. I didn't get the makers name or pattern (if any) but I do know what show it is from.These are not my colours and it is way too bright but there was just something I liked about it. So I spent the rest of the week buying and collecting bright colours cause I knew there were none at home in the stash!!!I won't use this exact pattern but like the idea of the colours and flowers.
I will get a better shot when it is all set up
Although it will have to wait, I have a wedding quilt to make for August and a sampler to make for a dear aunt after that. How am I to get these done when my sewing room is in the basement and right now is freezing cold? Well that brings up what I am doing today...moving some of my sewing room upstairs till the coolness of the basement is needed later in the summer.I usually hand quilt in my living room but with no quilt to hand quilt that room will become my temporary sewing room! What do you think? Bright, well light and close to the kitchen so I can be making supper and still get in a few stitches here and there!
I haven't even unpacked my purchases from my holiday...it will be like seeing it all over again! What fun!!
Have fun with whatever you are doing today!!

3 comments:

  1. It was nice to see again last week. I'm looking forward to see your finished quilt with all the fabrics you purchased. Thanks for help us out on Saturday, we appreciated your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun day. Stay tuned I have already started on one of the quilts. Thanks to Louise for having some chocolate brown in her stash. I can't believe how hard it is to find that kind of rich brown. Keep reading the blog I will post pics in a couple of days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deanna: I don't have any profile at the moment I'm a bit of a computer klutz. I'm pretty sure the quilt in this picture was done by Marsha Clarke. If you saw it in the church in St. Jacobs. Marsha is a member of the Kitchener guild and the Guelph Guild. The pattern was brought to her by her husband who picked it up in Australia (I think) Lisa in Guelph

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...