Sunday 12 May 2013

Happy Snowy Mother's Day

Yup that is snow or slush!
That's right it is snowing, slushing whatever you want to call that wet, thick rain! So definitely no stitching outside today for me. But I got to do some knitting in the car  on a 3 hour round trip me and DH took this morning to pick up a water tank for his hunt camp. The rest of the day I am just relaxing and enjoying the day...indoors!



It is cold and wet 










embroidery, 1 strand of orange and 1 of yellow
 With just a little handstitching and trying to keep warm.Last weekend I was sunburned and this week we are back to heavy coats.....even I(who loves the snow) wants summer to begin!!! So I am doing some finishing on a project that I started 5 or more years ago. Embroidering these blocks and then cutting them apart. I have some fabric set aside especially for this in oranges with dragon flies!
This week my favorite quilt store is having a half price sale and I received a gift certificate for the store for Mother's Day...woohoo you know where I am headed...road tripping with some girlfriends this week. Enjoy your week too!!




2 comments:

  1. So glad you are treating yourself to some stitching on mother's day...enjoy!

    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed your knitting and stitching time on Mothers Day. The weather has been so strange this year, I think everyone is ready for the cold weather to move on.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...