Sunday 30 July 2023

Getting it Done

 So today's post is all about getting it finished, done, completed and delivered!!

daddy's girl
I had two baby quilts finished in the last little while and recently they were gifted. The first one was made with a shirt from the great grandmother. I made a teddy bear for the front of the quilt and waited to see if it was for a girl or boy. A little girl finally arrived this winter so I was able to choose a girly backing and finish the quilt. The family stopped by for a visit a couple weeks ago and she received her quilt. Here she is sitting with her daddy!

my great nephew

The second baby quilt went to my great nephew for his 1st birthday. It probably wasn't as exciting as the trucks or rocking horse but I like to think he will like the deer on his quilt.

Another finish lately was getting this double wedding ring quilt off the frame. The arcs were paper pieced by someone else unknown to me. I was given the whole package over 12 years ago. I just finally was in the mood to piece the top and get it hand quilted. This was another therapy quilt for me, only the second one since my hubby passed. You see I do a lot of quiet thinking while I hand quilt so needless to say it took me a longer than usual to quilt this one.

On the knitting front, my shawl is done. I wrote about it last week here and was determined to get it done. It is called the shortest day shawl, I call it the longest shortest day shawl!!

So for this week, my list includes quilting this quilt that I pin basted yesterday. It was a block of the month at guild. I didn't make all the blocks but had enough with the panel. The panel I purchased from our charity table at guild. It was  perfect for these blocks.

And lastly an update on my hexie quilt. It will be my slow stitching for today. I have one corner to finish and then I can start adding the first green border. The borders of green and white will be hexies as well. But it is nice to  see what this top is looking like. The end is in sight. But I still want to hand quilt this one so the finish line is a ways off yet!



I didn't think I did much this week, but after writing this I am exhausted!! I will be checking in with Kathy and joining her for some more slow stitching today!

Enjoy your week ahead and hope you are getting things done as well! 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby quilts and your hexie quilt is awesome! Happy stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have accomplished a lot! Glad to hear you are feeling up to some hand quilting time. That hexie quilt is spectacular and will need to get on the frame soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've gotta lot going on in your stitching life! Quiet complentation while you quilt is a good thing, time to reflect and remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’ve been very busy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...