Sunday 2 July 2023

 Happy Canada Day weekend. It is a warm one here with just enough rain to keep things growing and not drying out. My garden is slowly coming up but is a bit behind.

It has been a busy summer so far for me and as I come on here for today's entry I realize it has been almost two months since I have blogged. That is my life of late one event, disaster or just needed quiet time to keep me busy. This is going to be a long post so bear with me!!

I am learning so much that I never expected to have to learn. My water pump from the creek continues to force me to learn things...knocking on wood as I say I think we have it working well now. Many thanks to brother in laws and my nephew! I now also know some about the pump in my basement that pumps out laundry water and everything from the basement bathroom. I live in a small town and we have a septic tank and have to pump stuff up and out of the basement. The float stopped working and spewed water into my basement. Luckily that bathroom isn't used much!!

toddler quilt almost ready
My new car finally arrived!! I have been waiting since before Christmas. I have put lots of miles on it already. A trip to my daughter's then onto my girlfriends for her 60th birthday party! My daughter and I also travelled 2 weeks ago to Timmins in Northern Ontario to visit with the ole gang that we knew when we lived there almost 25 years ago! It was a fun weekend full of memories.

The fabric piranhas were here in June for a weekend. Unfortunately Kathy(who had her own sewer problems) wasn't able to join us. We zoomed with her but I forgot to take any pictures.We are going to meet again in the Fall and enjoy each other's company! Hoping no disasters will deter us!

sockapalooza socks done
Now to catch up on the sewing front which is keeping me busy too. . I am trying to finish UFOs that have  been hanging around for too long. I have a few toddler quilts to finish too. They are fun to make, cheerful and bright. Just finished this one this week, just have to sew down the binding. In between it all there is knitting getting done too. I joined sockapalooza in the month of June and got this pair of socks done. Yes only one pair this year.
Jack's chain pieces

This scrappy top was completed and I have started this Jack's chain with set in seams(which are going amazingly well). What is next....oh so many ideas and so little time!! It will be scrappy of course but stay tuned and hopefully it won't take two more months for me to post again!!

scrappy top waiting to be quilted













Heading out to the lake this afternoon with family to enjoy the day but will check in with Kathy and see what slow stitching is getting done today. I am taking my knitting with me and hoping to get a few more rows done on that project.

baby quilt to be delivered soon

Thanks for hanging in there on this long post. Enjoy the week ahead and the rest of the summer!!


6 comments:

  1. I hope your sewer problems are behind you and the rest of the summer is smooth sailing! I love your Jack's chain, that is on my list of quilts to make, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to read your update today! I was sorry that sewer problems kept me away from our visit, but looking forward to the fall. Great job on the socks! Jack's Chain looks like the PhD project for getting an advanced quilting degree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun things happening here! Love the chained pieces ... that looks like intense work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm admiring your Jack's Chain parts. I had to finally give up on that pattern. I can do a lot of things well in quilting but for some reason I had to call "Uncle" and work on something I could be a success at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can agree with you - so many ideas and so little time! But it keeps us busy and interested, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Canada Day Deanna

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...