Sunday 29 August 2021

Quiet Weekend

Barb,me,Louise, Kathy in the basket

The piranhas have gone for another year. We were so lucky to be able to get together. What started out as  friends sharing in my sorrow became a good week of therapy for all of us. Right up till the last minute before they left, we were into things. The water pump that waters my gardens wasn't working and we tried to fix it. But in the end, needed some brute strength to get it working again...enter my brother-in-law. Barb was also finishing up with some rust dyeing that she started the day before. It turned out pretty good for the first try. I just wonder how the fabric will hold up after vinegar, water, salt and all that rust. But it does look interesting! 

posing near the dreaded water pump
rust dyeing as our background








Flat Kathy
After the bustle of the past week, it has been a very quiet weekend. The house is empty and the giggling and laughter has ceased. Miss my friends but you can read about more of our adventures here and here. Kathy from slow stitching Sunday was not able to join us, but  we had fun with her in a "flat Kathy" version that joined us wherever we went.

This is the project that I worked on all week. Those squares finish at  1 1/2", what was I thinking. Now I have to do more designing to make it bigger for a finished quilt top. The background I see now should have been more of a solid but it is for a little girl and I think she will like it anyways!

sparkling heart

Today between rain showers, humid sunshine and tornado warnings, I will be knitting away on a baby blanket. I have one more week before it is needed. Can I meet my deadline?

I will also be checking in with Kathy and joining in with some slow stitching and seeing what everyone is up to. Fall is just around the corner, the start of quilting season!!

2 comments:

  1. I love that heart quilt that you have started. How nice that you got to enjoy your crafty friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful heart, so glad you got to have company and get things working again. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...