Friday 27 August 2021

More adventures with the piranhas

General Store for tickets
and LCBO for supplies

striking a pose
bridge adventures with my dog
my toes for Bear and Fox
 Well there were so many good times happening, that there just wasn't enough time for blogging. So today I am playing catch up. Tuesday was sewing and playing in the creek. I have a small creek that runs beside my house and it is always good for a photo op! Louise's daughter owns Bear and Fox Apparel and we were setting up some "not so staged" staged photos for her website! It was fun to go stepping gently in the creek among the gravel, stones and the little creepy crawlers. You can tell by the looks on our faces we were having fun and enjoying the cool water on such a hot day.

a good sport
On Wednesday this good looking dude stopped by. He was helping to clear my yard of some unwanted lawn tractors and such but we told Flat Kathy that he was the stripper here to entertain. He is entertaining but with his wit and  lively banter not his dancing!!He was a good sport and let us take his picture! He also let us visit his farm and got to meet his little visitor. I had met this little girl last week and thought it would be a fun thing to do when the girls were here. We even got to feed her. It was the perfect thing to do to end our week together. On our way home, we stopped by a lot that I have a garden on and found that a moose had taken a stroll through it. His hoof print covers as much as a 6 1/2" square quilting ruler. That is a big one!!
moose track

sunbathing at the creek
Louise and Barb have gone home and I can't thank them enough for coming to visit. Many long chats, laughter and memories of my dear husband shared. It was great to share this time with them and feel like old times when in reality it is a new world for me. But we will see each other in one month for another retreat  with a couple other girls. I will be doing some travelling to get there so stay tuned for that and what adventures we may experience, because I know with these girls.....fun is sure to follow!










1 comment:

  1. Wow I really do get around! LOL
    I'm surprised the creek is so low!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...