Sunday 22 August 2021

Friends are the bestest

lilies in my garden

 I have checked another first off my list. It has been 6 months since my hubby passed away. Six months of living and trying to get through life one day at a time. When you think that you couldn't be apart for more than a week or two and now months have past...it is  a milestone to say the least.

introducing "Flat Kathy"& Bucky

But with that sadness comes a little sunshine in the form of two friends who are here to visit and enjoy  a little  sewing/quilting time together. Enter Barb and Louise, two of the three Piranhas. We are missing and sorry that  our third person Kathy was not able to join in the fun with us. But just so she doesn't feel left out we will take our "flat Kathy" that we made, on our weekly adventures with us!

It is very hot and humid here (there will be under boob sweat happening)today and so slow stitching Sunday will be in the gazebo(per Kathy's request) after supper when it is cooler.

Barb's project
So till then here is what we are all working on. I am making a quilt for a little person in my life. They don't know so  I won't mention names. Louise is working on a batman quilt for her grandson and Barb is working on some panels that will be the center of medallion quilts for her great neices and nephew.

I will be checking in with Kathy and her slow stitching followers later today when I have some down time. Happy stitching ladies!
Louise's project

my project

1 comment:

  1. So glad that I am with you if only in a flat form! LOL
    I sure miss the laughter and all of you!
    Hope you have some lovely slow stitching time in the gazebo!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...