Sunday 30 May 2021

Slow to stitch!

sweater done but needs blocking
It has been a busy few weeks. I started to put in my garden but just the things that would take the cold. Good thing too as the last two or three days we have had frost overnight and have awaken to white on the grass and rooftops. So far the only thing that has lost a bit is my oak tree...the tender new leaves are a bit crispy but I think it will be okay.

dishcloths
So while I can't be in the garden...only the weeds are growing, I have been working in my studio. I am working on a surprise so all I can say is some laps quilts are getting made and I have been taking pictures that I will share at a later date. I have finally finished a sweater that I was working on for myself and now I can move onto another project. A friend asked if these knitted dishcloths that her mother made could be made into anything. So I am attempting to make small and medium afghans with them. I tried to crochet them together but wasn't liking the look so I have settled on knitting(my preferred method)to get the job done. 

pretty Spring coloured yarn for socks
Also June 1 marks the start of "sock a polozza" at Sweet Yarns knitting shop in Sudbury. Lauren the owner has the month of June set  for making socks. No challenge, just to see how many socks we can make in a month. There are three categories beginner, intermediate and obsessed! I think there are some prizes at the end of it all! Although there is no challenge I might start a pair of toe up socks. I have made one pair but it is still a new technique for me. Might need to call a friend for some help!!

Today I will be looking in to see what
Kathy
and all the others are slow stitching on. My slow stitching will happen after supper...too many other things to work on during the bright light of daytime. 

Have a good week, mine will include a vaccine shot!

5 comments:

  1. I have yet to even try kniiting socks. Love your sweater. It is a beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sweater, Deanna - it looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice sweater, Deanna - it looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the sweater... such a pretty colour and it looks lovely on you! I can't wait to see how you are going to join the squares with knitting... show us in detail because I am curious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a crocheter who so admires how knit projects come out! Don't you just love the drape of your knitted sweater? Your projects are so pretty! By the way, your header picture is so colorful and cheerful it took my breath away! :)

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...