Sunday 13 June 2021

Feeling like Summertime

poppies done, peonies coming
knitting in public group
The weather has finally gotten warmer even hot for a couple days. My garden is starting to grow and I have even had a small salad from it(radish, onions and arugula) Even my flowers are starting to look good. With all this gardening by myself, my farmer's tan is well underway!!

flowers blooming
garden starting
                                                                          Did you know it was World wide knit in public day yesterday. Some friends and myself did some knitting at the local farmer's market. It was good to get together especially since I had not seen one of them for well over a year.(Covid sucks) With all the chatting, we even managed to get some knitting done!

I am working on the 3rd of  quilts that are a secret for now. It seems with each new one I start I like it better. I just have the tops done so far. I will have to get to quilting them and finishing them soon.

After working outside all morning and most of the afternoon, I am settling in to sew and realized it was Sunday. I kept thinking all day it was Monday!? So I was excited to find out what everyone was up to for slow stitching Sunday. Seems like it is pretty quiet at Kathy's house while others are busy!My slow stitching will be later tonight as I watch a NASCAR race, for now I will sew up blocks.

Enjoy your day and the week ahead! As things open, I get to see some of my friends and actually get together for a visit. I hope you get to visit with some of your friends too.


6 comments:

  1. How fun to meet with your knitting friends and enjoy some knitting and fun conversation on Worldwide Knit in Public day. Enjoy your Sunday stitching those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice to be able to get together with our friends? I'm so glad you had this opprotunity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see the picture of you and the ladies knitting - it’s been a long time since I have seen any of you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see the picture of you and the ladies knitting - it’s been a long time since I have seen any of you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know it was knit in public day yesterday... darn, I would have enjoyed doing that!
    So great to outdoors with friends!
    Your garden looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden looks great! And so happy you’re getting to experience some community. 🤗❤️

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...