Sunday 9 May 2021

Going forth into May

 Three months have passed since the day that changed my world. How can that be? We ended April with a day full of a freak snowstorm, family and lots of tears as we said our final good bye to a husband, father, brother and uncle. We of course blamed my hubby for the bad weather...he knew I loved the snow in all forms!

So now  May has arrived with its promise of new life with all the growing plants.. Yesterday was an unusually nice day and I spent it outside doing yard work. The gardens are ready to be planted and the greenhouse is also ready. I could put plants in there now but the gardens will have to wait a bit till it warms up more.

On the sewing/quilting front, it has been a slow process for me. I finally started working on a project and have got the top done. In the photo the set in triangles look brown but are more green with orange and purple dots. I had to take the photo in the driveway for a big enough spot to spread it out. But now what, it is too large for me to machine quilt. 

This is one that I would love to have a quilting bee and invite my friends over to help. We could social distance around a frame...right. But we have the nasty "stay at home order" in effect still. Oh well that top can rest a bit till I decide what to do with it! 

I have been knitting on my sweater and had it almost done, then I tried it on and oops!! It wasn't long enough and the arm holes were too small. So I ripped part of it out and am trying to get it finished. I have another new project to work on...a friend's mom knitted lots and I mean lots of dishcloths. She was wondering if there was something else they could be used for. I suggested an afghan. So I am making them into baby blankets and a couple larger afghans. That should keep me busy for a bit. But I want to finish my sweater first or I may never get back to it!!

Today I would like to wish all the mothers a  Happy Mother's Day. We deserve more than just one day although my hubby use to say that mother's day was every day! I will be checking in with Kathy and looking to see what everyone is up to on this slow stitching Sunday. I haven't linked up in a few weeks so I have some catching up to do! 

Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

  1. Your quilt is lovely! Maybe you can't invite all your friends to a quilting bee, but maybe you could have them one at a time, wear a mask and sit across from each other? Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see you are beginning to stitch and knit again. Your new project is lovely. Hopefully you and some friends will be able to enjoy friendship and sweet times, while you quilt this beauty, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three sad months have gone past since you suffered your sad loss, do hope time makes things easier for you, but I dont suppose it really gets better at all. That's a lovely big quilt top you have finished, sometimes they need contemplation as to the next step forward. Suchba good idea to stitch the crochet blocks into Afghans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts are always breathtaking, this one is no exception.
    Happy mother’s day to you my friend. Pushing hard for
    Gardening to be done so I can have some free time for personal
    Quilting projects and sun worshiping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes... every day is Mother's Day! Hope you had a good one and enjoyed some stitching time. The driveway quilt is gorgeous... sure wish I could sit around the frame with you!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...