Monday 26 April 2021

A day late and a dollar short

Who am I kidding, I am a quilter and I am more than a dollar short!! Sunday got away on me and so I am posting today. This week has been an emotional roller coaster. Good days, getting things done days and that day that I knew was coming. Now that Spring is here we have to make arrangements for my husband's burial. Just when I thought I was okay, the flood gates open again. This seems way harder than all we have already gone through but with my daughter by my side and many friends and family, we will manage.

not ironed baby quilt backing
There hasn't been much sewing in the studio but I did roll the frame and more hand quilting is getting done. One or two more rolls and I should be able to see the finish line. I sewed up a backing for the baby quilt that you can read about here. I am using what I have in my stash so sometimes you have to get creative. I also cut the set in triangles for a scrappy quilt I am doing. I just have to layout the blocks and start sewing them together.
quilting is coming along






Although I didn't have time to post yesterday I did read all the links to Kathy's slow stitching Sunday. Keep up all the good work ladies, keeps me wanting to sew and do more. I have my next project from a magazine, sitting and taunting me to get going!!

4 comments:

  1. thoughts and prayers are always with you Deanna 💗

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't lost a husband but I have lost a child. Grief is an opportunity to learn things you can't learn any other way. Don't be hard on yourself. Your quilt on the frames is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so sorry, Deanna. You are in my prayers and wish you the strength that you need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you try to assess life without your husband. The tears show just how much he meant to you and how hard the transition is. So glad you have support through this 2nd part of adjustment.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...