Thursday 10 May 2018

Challenging challenges!

Where does the time go? One day you decide to sew up little tiny 3" finished churn dash blocks. Mostly I sewed on them at retreat last Fall. Everyone thought they were cute but that I was crazy! I  saw this quilt in a magazine and offered to teach it at my guild this Spring so I had to get it done.

Once the blocks were done I had to find the perfect or almost perfect fabric to be the alternate square. I didn't want to buy anything as like most of you, I was sure I could find something in my stash that would work. I pulled out several options and questioned my friends on which fabric would work. This is their choice and it is growing on me!

Now my problem...once I put the churn dash blocks on point for the quilt, I didn't like them anymore.They now look like some strange cross or emblem. Also the quilt isn't as big as I would like. So what is a girl to do but make another one and this time I won't be putting it on point. My class is in about three weeks...I can do this!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a devil for punishment! Are you sure you have enough scraps left to do it?

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...